Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lent 2: Psalm 121

From the Psalm for the Second Sunday of Lent:

Unto the hills around do I lift up
My longing eyes;
O whence for me shall my salvation come,
From whence arise?
From thee, my God, shall come my certain aid,
From thee, my God, who heav'n and earth hath made.

Thou wilt not suffer that my foot be moved;
Safe shall I be.
No careless slumber shall thine eyelids close,
Who keepest me.
Thou art the living God, who slumb'rest ne'er,
Who keepest Israel in thy holy care.

O Living God, fore'er our keeper true,
Our changeless shade;
Forever our defense on every hand
Thyself hath made.
And now no sun by day shall ever smite;
No moon shall harm us in the silent night.

From ev'ry evil God shall keep our souls,
From ev'ry sin;
God shall preserve our ev'ry going out,
Our coming in.
Above us watching, God whom we adore
Shall keep us henceforth, yea, forevermore.

John D.S. Campbell, 1877; alt.
Tune: SANDON (10.4.10.4.10.10.)
Charles Henry Purday, 1860

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks. peace maria