Friday, May 29, 2009

Still Unnumbered...

I'm still working on my list of ten favorite hymns so that I can submit them to the survey taking place at the blog Semicolon. I hope some of my readers are going to participate as well; the deadline for submissions there is this Sunday, the 31st. And please share your lists in the comments here (even if you have never commented before!), or link to your blog where your list is posted.

I think I have identified the ten (that seem like my favorites this week at least) but I still have to rank them, which is almost the harder part. Seven of the ten have already appeared on the blog, and only one is still under copyright, so the remaining two will turn up here eventually.

In the meantime, here are a few of my ten (in no particular order yet, remember):

(almost had to include that one, right?)

I'll post the whole list at a later date, but I'm probably not going to be around the internet very much for the next few days. And of course I (and we) want to follow the results of Semicolon's survey as they are revealed this summer.

3 comments:

Leland Bryant Ross said...

Well, I did it. The list I actually sent in is up on my blog.

I hope she gets some good responses. I realized too late that I had not publicized it in my own circles (including the Hymn Society discussion boards) as well as Baptist ones. It's been a crazy couple weeks.

Dorothy said...

I posted my top ten favorite hymns on my blog too. At least, they were my favorites on May 21st!

http://fieldstonecottage.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-top-ten-favorite-hymns.html

C.W.S. said...

It's kind of like that old potato chip commercial, but with a bigger number: we can't choose just ten!