Thursday, March 24, 2016

Maundy Thursday

According to thy gracious word,
In meek humility,
This will I do, my dying Lord,
I will remember thee.
Thy body, broken for my sake,
My bread from heav'n shall be;
The testamental cup I take,
And thus remember thee.
Gethsemane can I forget?
Or there thy conflict see,
Thine agony, and bloody sweat,
And not remember thee?
When to the cross I turn mine eyes,
And rest on Calvary,
O Lamb of God, my sacrifice,
I must remember thee;
Remember thee, and all thy pains
And all thy love to me;
Yea, while a breath, a pulse remains,
Will I remember thee.
   James Montgomery, 1825
   Tune: CAITHNESS (C.M.)
   Scottish Psalter, 1625


Four (Liturgical) Years Ago: Love consecrates the humblest act

Four (Calendar) Years Ago: Fanny Crosby

Five (Liturgical) Years Ago: Within an upper room they met

Five (Calendar) Years Ago: Fanny Crosby

Six (Liturgical) Years Ago: Thou, who at thy first Eucharist did pray

Six (Calendar) Years Ago: Fanny Crosby

Seven (Liturgical) Years Ago: "Remember me," the Savior said

Seven (Calendar) Years Ago: Fanny Crosby

Eight (Liturgical) Years Ago: 'Tis midnight, and on Olive's brow

No comments: